- Storage capacity expansion paramount
- The current storage system was at its limit; new projects were being held back
- Maintenance was complex and time consuming
IBM XIV Storage System:
- 2 x 9 module 87TB XIVs
- 4 x IBM SAN40B fibre channel switches
- Storage capacity increased 4-fold
- Manageability without complexity
- Can perform online firmware upgrades – no interruption to users
- Power consumption reduced by 68%
- Physical footprint reduced
Lifeplan Funds Management automates compliance with Tivoli Storage Manager
The prudential regulator of Australia’s financial services industry, APRA, introduced new business continuity management standards, increasing the requirements for mutual organisations. Lifeplan identified that it would need to develop a completely new business recovery site strategy. It needed to ensure compliance with these standards but wanted to derive other business benefits from this significant financial investment.
IBM® business partner* Iocane proposed a solution built around Tivoli® Storage Manager, which would handle the transfer and automatic backup of Lifeplan’s IT infrastructure to a disaster recovery site. The additional introduction of IBM BladeCenter® and virtualisation also helped to provide increased levels of agility and reduce the total cost of ownership.
Lifeplan now enjoys automated compliance that meets current industry legislative requirements and has improved its risk management profile. In the process Lifeplan has also consolidated its IT infrastructure, which helped to reduce its energy usage and deliver IT resources which can be deployed quickly in response to business needs.Download the full case study (PDF)